Friday, February 3, 2012

Well this is creepy!

So, after a lengthy discussion with my fiance, we've decided that my target audience (those online dating) has to be reached.  The theories on just how to do that abound, but the most efficient and inexpensive ie. free would be for me to make a dating profile ughh.

I've been thinking about it now for a few weeks, each time rolling my eyes and feeling my shoulders tighten at the very thought!  It makes me extremely uncomfortable to enter that world again in any capacity, ESPECIALLY since I'm taken.  Me being the woman I am, would NEVER allow my fiance to make a profile, regardless of its content or reason. Of course, that's one of the many reasons I love this man to begin with...so incredibly laid back...me on the other hand...yeah not so much!

I know if my mother knew I was thinking about doing it she'd give me the whole "young lady" lecture, but what is one to do when they are trying to reach an audience?

Nevertheless, I logged in this a.m. and created a profile...heavy sigh.  It felt just as bad as I thought it would feel.  I made it very clear that I was not looking and used the "about me" section to my advantage...plugging my book.  I read through the rules of said site and took note of the "don't cut and paste emails or they will be blocked" section.  Boy I have a lot of typing a head of me!

Of course, my true target audience is women who online date.  It's not that my book doesn't offer something for the men, but let's face it, I'm a woman...it's told from my perspective, which try though I may not to; I'm sure it's skewed in the feminine direction.

So I "search" women in a 200 mile radius, find one online that has the tell-tale signs of a woman sick of online dating "Looking for someone that's REAL" and began banging out my email.  Apologizing first for interrupting her with my usual light hearted and humorous tone, hoping that she didn't send me to the "ban this profile" box for cheating.  It took me about 5 minutes to write it all out, but when I pushed send...it was rejected.

"This user does not except messages from your age group or gender."

This is going to be harder than I thought lol.  How many am I going to have to type and have rejected before one actually goes through?  And "age group"?  She was MY AGE lol. I couldn't bare to try another, it was all I could do to make the damn profile and send out the first email.  I'm going to just keep my fingers crossed and in the interim, reside myself to the fact that if it's meant to be, my profile will still be there the next time I log in and the next email I type will actually find it's way to the user lol.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment